Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pumapatak Na Naman Ang Ulan.



It was past eight when we left my mother's clinic. I opened the door, released the air-conditioned coldness, just to realize that it was raining again.

The downpour was exulting. Tic . . . tac . . . tic . . tac . . tic, tac –– its sound went. I stared at the people flooding downtown and the stores luminously shining over the un-starry sky as I were seating on the passenger seat. "Wow, ang dami pa ring tao," I thought.

The suffocating carbon monoxide emitted by the numerous cars stuck in a traffic jam caught my attention. Classes and office hours have ended 3 hours ago and the mess brought by the rain sure is dingy, but why am I still blocked by this lousy congestion?

The rain comes out and plays with the melancholic and enigmatic aura of the darkness. They tease and taunt the eternal blackness with colorful displays of drama and of washing away the day’s worries. The night is dark so it can let the brightest shine in ways that one could never imagine — painting a colorful spectrum of contrasts in the wonderful canvass of life.

With a smug smile on my face, I softly whispered to the ethereal wind, "You must love rainy days." Ü

No comments: