Sunday, October 25, 2009

It's like the darkness is the light.

Despite my zero alcohol intake, I'm struggling in summoning the events of yesterday night.

Okay, as far as I can recall, I got there some minutes past six donning a gray shirt and a short approximately three inches above my knees. Yes, I did not stick to the strict dress code. Mocked and scorned at, I hurriedly started a pursuit for a black shirt. I wasn't bothered by my short shorts even if most of my batch mates commented on it. Not a minute later than the start of my pursuit, I managed to borrow a spare black shirt from Brene. Problem solved.

After that, I resumed my post at the entrance. While the whole student body was applauding Superman and Supergirl's performance, we were still at the gate welcoming outsiders and alumnus who, like me, are not wearing a black shirt. We (the officers) were all stunned when the emcee suddenly announced that it was time for the oath taking. So we dashed to the lobby and I carelessly tossed my bag in the flagpole. Haha.

We rushed to the entrance again and did the routine: pay, rip and proceed. But upon hearing that they were gonna present the Mutya and Lakan candidates, we dashed to the lobby and sneaked to the front row of the audience. Go Precious from Hufflepuff! Go Miriam! Double-up much? Hahaha.

By the end of the programme, my stomach was rumbling with pain and acid again. Ma'am Chica invited us for free food but I had to resist because of my hyper acidity. So did Cathleen. Since we were both having an overflow of acid in our stomachs, we routed for a bread instead. It was awkward having to stand opposite a person crying in ache and having no power to alleviate that ache. Trust me, it was. So I politely excused myself, and headed to the lobby again, only to find myself being questioned about the inexistence of extension wires.

The minutes of last night advanced on pretty quickly. Although, there were times when things made a sudden shift of pace. One was when I cried. Another was when we were making these silly moves with Sir Jonatz. Third was when Detsub was hamming it up. And lastly, was when Whine Up played through the speakers while I was with my junior classmates. That moment was priceless.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the number 24, but yesterday was a very very awesome night. It was nothing like how I pictured it. Why? It was much more. Much, much more. ♥

So, how's that for struggling?

"And, in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make..."

______________________________
Distubria - Rihanna

No comments: