Saturday, May 24, 2008

Time Consumer

Now Playing: Mr. Brightside by The Killers

If someone will notice, my recent posts have only been blabbing about GG, AI or my fatal boredom inside our house. I just don't feel like updating about the things that happened to me so far. Or when I do, someone's occupying the computer so its just stuck in my head like a crazy song.

So now, I thought of writing about books. BOOKS. The five books that I've proudly finished this summer.
  1. Macarthur by Bob Ong. I read this during my first day of summer. And the shortest book among these five. To be honest, I was truly surprise that a man like Bob Ong would write a fictional story about drugs, the survival of poverty-stricken folks and the untrustworthiness of policemen. I really pity Mang Justo, though.

  2. Turning Angel by Greg Iles. This is probably the longest and the most uhhhmmm.. R-18? God, I knew a lot of sexual things on these books that are too inappropriate for my age. I could have stopped reading it, but an unfinished book haunt me sometimes. Anyway. It talked about the murder of a stunning incoming 18-year old freshman who had an affair with a doctor. Murders here and there, lies everywhere. Penn Cage's a really brave man. He did everything in his power to save his friend and to take care of her daughter even if it costs his life.

  3. The Da Vince Code by Dan Brown. We had the illustrated edition lurking in our living room since the movie was released but I never had the curiosity to open it. So, out of boredom, I decided to read it. It wasn't as intriguing as I thought. I can't see the point why some Christians wanted to stop it from airing in the big screen. Duh? It's only a book. Although after reading it, it made me want to visit France someday. Especially the Louvre Museum.
I'll continue this next time. Sayonara!

No comments: