Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Missed opportunities and "I Don't Cares"

Expect a long, random stream of psychobabbling.

My stories are all getting rusty. They're not even a lot, but still.

Using the Internet regularly is beginning to bore and tire me. If it were not for the music and for my friends' updates I don't think I would still be clicking and snapping away on these shiny hardwares. Everything is just so... phony. And arranged. And obligatory. Especially in this time and era, when posting philosophical quotations and high and mighty statuses seem to be the only way to make people think that you're awesome and sophisticated. I'm not coming clean by saying this. Press charges on me for such claims and I will be guilty. Very, guilty. All I'm saying is, some people that are on these sites are just glorified version of their selves. That's not truly who they are, which goes against those "stay-true-to-yourself" lessons that we have been forced to live by since gradeschool.

Lol. What am I even saying? I'm thinking this might be some ill effect of that intensely lengthy and dreary speech which I'll be delivering on Monday. I'm really psyched and at the same time, really anxious. I'll be representing my college (Arts and Sciences) by giving out a 7-minute speech on Philippine social and political issues. The piece is great. Actually it makes me wish I have written it myself. Anyway, I presented before my English class this morning (It was in fact my English professor who picked me. Haha.) and they said that I still have to work on my gestures and vowel pronunciations (A classmate remarked that it's possibly because of my braces. I'm wishing real hard that my teeth are aligned already so I can have them removed by Friday. And that is not just because of that speech. Theoretically, they should really be out of my mouth by now.) Also, I'm a complete novice at this discipline that's why I've been praying to Jesus, Joseph and Mary (Happy Birthday!) to enlighten me so my mind won't go blank once I'm up that platform. (My seatmate actually gave me a note that reads "Think that you can do it, and you will." Haha! It was really sweet. And unexpected.)

(I make inappropriately long side comments.)

THE GLEE MUSIC VOLUME 1 IS FINISHED DOWNLOADING! I KNOW. I'M A GLEEK. BUT APART FROM ME BEI-- Using capital letters looks hostile so let's start again. The Glee Music Volume 1 is finished downloading! I know. I'm a gleek. But apart from me being a gleek, my excitement is also because of my recent exploration on different genres of music. So far, I'm estimating 20 new albums have been added to our library because of this said exploration. That includes Breakthrough (Colbie Caillat), The Blueprint 3 (Jay-Z), Bipolar (Up Dharma Down), Battle Studies (John Mayer) and many, many more. One hundred seventy-three tracks more, and our library's hitting 2-0-0-0!

In addition to the mentioned musical exploration, I have also kept myself occupied with books. The Mysterious Benedict Society, The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey (Trenton Lee Stewart), Dead Sleep (Greg Iles) and The Catcher In The Rye (J.D. Salinger) are my freshest acquisitions. Although, I think I will be shifting my interest to young adult fiction (The first two are regarded as Children Literature). To books that would suit my age bracket. But my funds are running low at the moment so I'm settling for my sister's Shutter Island.

Well look at the time. It's a Thursday so I should be expecting to see Micah for our weekly lunch date. Finally. That seemed like forever.

Goodnight citizens of the world.

P.S. I removed my DP again. For obvious reasons.

No comments: